In 2010 the Gwinnett Woodworkers Association Board of Directors decided to better automate membership activities through online sign-up of new members and annual membership renewals. Each of our membership plans are published in the Membership Sign-up section under the Membership menu. The process of online sign-up also sets up the initial information for your Member Profile.
Your Member Profile
A Member Profile allows you to publish contact information, woodworking interests and personal and business website information. You choose how much of this information you want to provide and share. The Member Profile information is only available to registered members when they are logged in on the website. The public does not have access to this information. While our webmaster and web managers have the abililty to assist you in making changes or corrections to your profile, you, the member are ultimately responsible for your member profile information. You are also responsible for choosing a password that will not be easily guessible and that will remain confidential to your or those you have allowed access to your profile. Your login credentials should never be provided to anyone who is not a GWA member or family member for security. To access your member profile, first log into the GWA website then click on My Profile in the User Menu at the left.
Renewing My Membership
Your GWA membership renews annually based on the calendar year. Dues of members joining after January are prorated based on the portion of the year remaining. If your membership expires, the system will notify you by email (so please make sure your profile email address is correct). However, if your membership has expired, the next time you log in the system will tell you that your membership has expired and you will have the opportunity to immediately renew your membership.
To renew your membership at any time (as long as your membership is currently active)
- log on to the GWA website. A User Menu will appear on the left side of the page.
- Click on "My Profile" in the left side User Menu. Your profile will be displayed and there will be a number of tabs below your profile photo.
- Click on the "Subscriptions" tab. Then click the "Renew" button to renew your membership.
Edit My Profile
To edit your profile:
- Log on to the GWA website using your username and password
- Click on "My Profile" in the left side User Menu
- Mouse over the Edit button above your profile photo then click on "Update Your Profile"
- Verify, add to, or correct your profile information then click the "Update" button to save changes or "Cancel" to return to your profile without saving any changes.
- Click "Logout" in the User Menu when you are finished.